Friday, July 25, 2008

Buy old not new...

Mostly I think I will just keep blogging about all the new "hobbies" i keep getting myself into!

Vintage...to me means something old, well loved, beautiful, quirky, colorful or memorable.

So yesterday I went "thrifting" to see what i could find. I dont live in town thats particularly "vintagey" but I thought i would give it a go!

I found a pretty totebag (handmade by someone else), a white pyrex bowl (my current collecting obsession) and a quirky mug holder (that says MUGS..lol). Pretty happy with my finds!

Than i was on etsy...i cant stay away. And found a lovely girl (PonyParty)selling THESE:
Why would I be excited about these? Cause they are my gramas plates!! I bought these and messaged her for more...shes on the hunt for me now!! Oh...and she threw in some GORGEOUS green Pyrex (no i dont know where the obsession came from)! Im so excited to have these lovely treasures...and Rachel was great to work with! amylynn...you need to check out her stuff...i saw stuff i wanted to buy you...if i was rich... HAHAA

So...old stuff is cool...and no i cant do this ALL the time...but I got a little bonus...paid off another bill...and got a tiny treat...yah me!!

3 comments:

RachelDenbow said...

Yay! Thanks for the mention.

Stacy Armentrout Skinner said...

the plate is so very pretty!

Anonymous said...

I have a white pyrex bowl with the printing on the bottom backwards or upside down. Have you ever head of that. It is a 1 1/2 QT #023 and #6.
Larrya7@cox.net