Thursday, December 29, 2005
Friday, December 23, 2005
Monday, December 19, 2005
Taking some time for myself and saying no to overcommitting. Got a little scrapping done and even a smidge of cleaning!
Brunch with my best girlfriends! Their love and support has meant the world to me this year. It was so nice to take a break with them and just talk and laugh and eat. We've all been through so much this past year....good and bad! Oh and Jenny gave me a PINK Kate Spade (fake) purse that I love love love...
Christmas play and choir Cantata at church! Soooooo fun to watch the tiny kids sing Away in the Manger in their little baby voices. So proud of the older kids reeling off their lines without a hitch and singing their hearts out! Happy Christmas moment....in the moment, remembering WHY we "do Christmas"
Trying to hang on to the Merry...
Tuesday, December 13, 2005
Born: December 8, 2005 8:47 pm
Weight: 7 pounds 0.8 ounces
Length: 19.5 inches
Future subject of HUNDREDS of scrapbook pages!!!
Can you even believe how cute and smooshy he is?? I literally burst into tears when this popped up on my screen this morning. I cant wait to smell him...and kiss him....and buy him stuff....and make him smile....and let him fall asleep on me....OMG....I love him instantly and am DYING to hold him....just LOOK at how perfect he is!!!
This aunt is twitterpated!
No not me...my weekend. It was so insane that it continued into Monday, LOL! It was made even crazier by the fact that I had NO CAR! My faithful chica died on me on Friday and the shop was closed till Monday....argh! I am the girl that LUVS her car, cant do without it, and would rather die than walk...haha! Thank goodness I have LOTS of friends that love me and who own cars that WORK!
- Worked all day
- Went to a couples party....even though I was single but it was still fun....ate GREAT food
- Stayed up late and made a scrappy book cover.
- Went to a Tastefully Simple Open house
- Visited Mistee who is HUGELY pregnant...poor girl! She was supposed to be induced yesterday...I need to call and find out if we have a baby yet...LOL
- Got a call that Grama was back in the ER (second time in a week)....she fell at the nursing home. I hate those places...it makes me sad that people have to live there but sometimes there isnt another choice. I stayed with her while they xrayed and stitched her up. Other than lots of bruises, a sprained arm, and a nasty deep cut shes ok.
- Went home and organized scrappy stuff. Sometimes its almost more fun to just sort and touch everything...makes me HAPPY!
- Church. I had nursery so I got to love on all the babies!!
- Lunch out with friends
- Visited Jeri (see HERE for pics)
- More church
- Decorated Amy's tree with her and Jason than we turned out all the lights expect the tree lights and listened to Christmas music. LOVED it! My absolute most favorite part of christmas. Made me happy and sad at the same time...here comes the roller coaster...but Im still glad that I participated!
On Monday, I spent $900 to get my car back! I love my car but that almost made me puke to spend that much money. And all of you that know me know that I definitely do NOT have 900 laying around! So a loan from the boss was requested and given but it still sucked to have to ask and now my paychecks will be dinky again! So that sealed the deal about whether or not I can go to Alabama and it was a big fat NO WAY....sobbing....sorry Rhonda!!
Wendy, Im beginning to think that I have TOO MUCH to write about it not too little....haahaa! Maybe I'll copy Heather and post 6 times a day *wink wink*
Friday, December 09, 2005
- Amys super huge PKPT goodie box
- Caris fast nice car thats NEW and not broken
- Katrinas brand new baby
- Aprils cute little 3 bedroom house
- Wendys piano skills
- Ali E's wildly creative brain
- Salma Hayeks body
- Donna D's scrapping career
Thursday, December 08, 2005
So hes here and hopefully I'll get some emailed pics tommorow....i'll post them ASAP! As for the rest of my day it was very eventful and I took good notes so I could meet wendys challenge ....I think I have about a weeks worth of blogs so stay tuned!
Things I know:
I am a girly girl and dont like to fix my car! Putting gas in is ALL the effort that it should require!
I like church....I need to go more often and I need to ask for help more (from God and from friends)!
New babies are the greatest gift and Im lucky that I get to have so many in my life (in various stages of production)
Alot does happen in one day you just dont realize it till you slow down enough to write it down! (thanks Wen...you rock)
Wednesday, December 07, 2005
Amy tagged me....Im so excited to be part of the cool crowd :)
2 names you go by
2. Care Bear
2 parts of your heritage
1. European mix
2 things that scare you
1. dark parking lots
2 of your everyday essentials
1. my glasses (I'm blind without them)
2. my cell phone
2 things you are wearing right now
1. my cool new jean jacket
2. my cool cordless headset (im at work you see....)
2 of your favorite bands or musical artists (at the moment)
1. Martina McBride
2. Ginny Owens
2 things you want in a relationship (other than real love)
2. humor(truly this list could go on for a really long time...Im shocked i kept it at two!!)
1. I am dreading christmas
2. I miss my old life and my family
2 physical things that appeal to you (in the opposite sex)
1. good teeth
2. great smile and sparkly eyes
2 of your favorite hobbies
2 things you want really badly
1. a pink IPOD
2. a husband
2 places you want to go on vacation
1. Portugal to visit my sister
2. Cruise to Alaska (not a fan of tropical)
2 things you want to do before you die
1. get out of debt
2. get married
2 ways that you are stereotypically a dude/chick
1. Im boy crazy
2. I like to let guys help me with things (I have a bit of a princess complex...I dont like to get dirty....LOL)
2 things you are thinking about now
1. I wonder if my boss is going to catch me NOT working...heehee
2. I really really hope that I get to go to Scrap Etc!! (OK and there are like a hundred other things going on in my head right now but those floated to the top first...LOL)
2 stores you shop at
1. Lane Bryant
2 people I would like to see take this quiz.....I dont think anyone is left....LOL
Saturday, November 26, 2005
Tuesday, November 08, 2005
Scrapping did get done this weekend! Coming off a dry spell and the pages are feeling a little forced but Im trying at least...LOL Of course there is one sitting on my table that I have worked on for FOUR days now...totally started over twice...argh! Ive decided that I am never again going to pack EVERYTHING i own for a crop...it takes too long to unpack!
Money stuff is getting a little better. I have a few more hours at work and some opportunities for bonus money, plus Im gonna hit my boss up for a raise so we'll see what happens.
Somewhere in my head is rattling a long blog entry about the holidays but Im not ready to devote my energy to it yet. Is that weird? The act of writing takes emotional energy... For now, the short version is Im dreading them!
Wednesday, October 26, 2005
Lea's challenge to write about dating requirements has been rolling around in my head for a few weeks but I have quite the list going and didnt know how to narrow it. I saw this today and KNEW...this is my answer! (Thank you Lindsay T.)
Monday, October 24, 2005
- got off work early and went straight to scrapbooking
- got home from scrapping at 1:30 am
- went to a wedding at 11:00
- went shopping the sales at the mall (credit cards=bad, new clothes=very good)
- went to Amy and Jasons for an impromptu gathering (boys played poker, girls chatted)
- home at 12:30 am
- church was good, stuff I needed to hear
- lunch and football with Amy (the boys deserted us to GO to the football game in Seattle oh and we WON...cowboys lost...heehee)
- more church
- back to Amys for more tv...LOL (oh and I got cute preggo belly pictures of her...23 weeks)
- over to my other friends for Desperate Housewives
- home at 1 am
Monday morning....back to work at 9 am!
Thursday, October 20, 2005
This past weekend, I met a nice boy. Theres a shortage of them in my life so this is a blog worthy event. We're still in the awkward getting to know you phase which is further complicated by the fact that he lives about 9 hours away!! But at this point Im ok going slow cause I dont wanna screw this up...Im tired of screwing up relationships. Even if it doesnt become a forever thing I want to be able to stay friends (Im close to his family) and look at it as something that I dont have to be ashamed of how it turned out.
Tuesday, October 11, 2005
Monday, October 03, 2005
Thursday, September 29, 2005
So Im on my lunch break and I go to the grocery store....what do I buy WENDY (she knows...) I buy OREO cookies and Milk and MORE halloween candy! Something you should know about me is that I am overweight...not in like a need to lose 10 pounds way but in a seriously overweight not healthy for me way. So I have alot of body concious issues like I always feel like people are watching me (which is weird cause for the most part normal people dont notice fat people). So today Im walking through Winco in my flipflops tshirt and jeans (very relaxed dress code) carrying my snickers and milky ways and mint oreos and milk, it just struck me how very welfare trailer trash unemployed fat woman stereotypical I would appear to others. Kind of made me want to go hide and never go in public again. Sometimes I disgust myself....but dont you know I opened the candy bars before I got out of the parking lot. And they were frickin good...for real!
I was scrappy chick last night...for real! I completed THREE layouts! I know some of you are laughing but any of you that have scrapped with me KNOW how big that is for me. Im one of those push the paper and picture around forever people. I am liking how my style is all over the place lately. Its getting cleaner but sometimes I just see something in one of my zillions of idea books (bought another one yesterday) and I just HAVE to try it. Copied an Ali Edwards yesterday...turned out looking TOTALLY different but I really like that. I did a cute baby boy LO for Amy with her ultrasound pictures I was so happy with how it turned out! Than I did a LO for BOM inspired by a scrapgal....seriously took me like 45 minutes and that was only cause I was anal about the cutting. Than I did a friend LO for Amys dare that I struggled with forever but I like how it turned out. I will post them soon I promise!
Ive shared with y'all about my money woes....remember, no groceries! So I was talking to a financial planner the other night and he is helping me brainstorm ideas about HOW to get extra money...the obvious being to get another job! But anyone who pays attention knows that I dont LIKE to work....I like to do things that make me happy (see previous paragraphs!) So he hit upon the idea of making custom scrapbooks for people! Cool beans...I would LOVE to do that. Now I just need to figure out the marketing part of that....Any Ideas? Plan B is to work the holidays at Michaels....
Monday, September 26, 2005
Ive been tagged by like 2 people now but I will have to put some thought into those answers so be patient.
- There are no less than NINE pregnant women currently in my life! Sheesh...good thing I like babies (sort of...the ones that arent mine)
- Budgets suck and so do men (right now anyways)
- My best friend is having a BOY....and Im totally thrilled to do boy pages!
- I miss my mom.
Thursday, September 22, 2005
- Organizing your stickers and rub ons is NOT making your apartment cleaner.
- Allstate sucks!
- An hour with a friend and a cup of tea can improve your whole week.
Monday, September 19, 2005
Anyways, I have had a roller coaster of a month so far! I'll try to recap. Got a DT position at my LSS, got a budget (Im totally poor...for real), been winning my fantasy football league, my best guy friend got a girlfriend, work is still sometimes fun sometimes hell, been alot flirty lately, STILL have not unpacked, reconnected with my brother that I have never been close with, scrapped alot of pages, had down days and up days. Thats my life in one big run on sentance...Ive always been a fan of those ;)
I'll leave you with a tidbit or two:
- Dont ever ask the bounty hunters at work to TAZE you. It DOES hurt and WILL leave a mark!
- Dallas Cowboys are NOT Americas team anymore. Whoohoo!
- Its hard to make new friends but if youre not open to it you'll stay the same forever!