Sunday, March 20, 2011

Happy Birthday Mom!

We missed you today. Cathi made Red Velvet cake and we sang Happy Birthday to you. I choked up of course but it was such a sweet moment. Rebecca said she wanted Grama to come to her house but accepted the explanation that you were waiting for her in heaven. Cathi told her how much you loved Jesus. You would be so tickled with her, mom. She goes around singing sunday school songs all the time. I wish you could come to her house too...for some cake and some singing and coloring and hugs...lots of hugs :) Cathi and I have been cleaning out old photo albums finally...there are alot of great pictures in there! Its been great to remember some of the good times. Of course I wish you were here to fill in the stories that go with some of them. I guess thats just good motivation for me to get the stories told. Anyways, I just wanted you to know we had cake today and that I miss you. Love,
Carrie

2 comments:

Junelle Jacobsen said...

Oh my goodness -- that is just so sweet and heartfelt. What a blessed time to remember love, sweetness, grace, and stories.
I am glad I visited tonight and had a chance to meet such a lovely Mum.

Hugs~ Junelle

Julie Coney said...

you really need to post tissue alert ratings with these things.